Montreal 2017 – it’s Game On!
We are bringing our most popular video game design camp to Montreal: Mining into the Makings of Minecraft.
Register before January 31st, 2017 & save $25!
Mining into the Makings of Minecraft
VIDEO GAME DESIGN, ANIMATION & PROGRAMMING
DATE: MARCH 6-10, 2017 ::: Ages 8-14
LOCATION: Espace Pop, 5587 Av du Parc
No prerequisites – suitable for beginners and advanced campers – everyone welcome!
Campers will have a chance to create an original 2D Minecraft-like world in which blocks can be destroyed, collected and then used to build new structures. Discover the dynamic programming and design strategies behind games like Minecraft and Terraria.
Design and program your own characters, blocks, monsters and adventure story. Learn how to:
Create dynamic pixel art
- Animate characters & monsters
- Plan your game story – you make the rules!
- Break and place blocks
- Create & program a variety of monsters and obstacles
- Design your own levels and worlds
End of week: Take home your finished game on a USB key.
Price: $487 plus taxes
Register early and save $25! (by January 31st, 2017)
Share your game with friends, family and the world!
* Gamemaker software by Yoyogames is compatible with PC computers. Gamemaker Studio can be downloaded for FREE! Examples of the type of games created in past camps and workshops can be viewed and played online in our Galleries –> Game Arcade.
Our summer camp schedule will follow shortly. Join our email list and be among the first to know when registration opens for the summer!