Roblox Game Design
WAITLIST ONLY – [email protected]
Previous experience with coding helpful (but not essential), e.g. Scratch or Roblox.
BEGINNER-INTERMEDIATE: The popularity of Roblox has really made this game platform and game engine a big hit with kids young and old! It offers campers a jump-start into making their own games! Learning how to create games can be a very empowering experience!
Campers will cover the fundamentals of constructing games in Roblox. They will be introduced to the Lua programming language, following best coding and game design practices.
Through the week we will cover:
- Game planning and strategizing
- Terrain building and design
- Coding and scripting using Lua
Each summer camp Roblox session is unique and campers are welcome to attend more than one!
At week’s end campers will have one or more projects to share with family & friends!
Only 1 left in stock
DATE: July 5-9th
This is a ONE WEEK virtual camp 2.5 hrs/day
TIMES: 3:00-5:30 PM AST (Nova Scotia, NB, PEI)
And 2:00-4:30 PM EST (Ontario, New York)
TIMES IN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS
Please verify your local times for accuracy
7:00-9:30 PM GMT – London, United Kingdom
3:00-5:30 PM AST – Nova Scotia, New Brunswick
2:00-4:30 PM EST – Ontario, New York, Florida
1:00-3:30 PM CST- Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Nunavut, Wisconsin
12 Noon-2:30 PM MST – Alberta, Colorado, Mexico
11 AM-1:30 PM PST – Vancouver, Washington, California
Are you ready for an Advanced Roblox camp? Take yourself to the limits July 26th!
This program will equip & improve your camper’s digital literacy skills in:
- Coding with Lua
- Logical Thinking
- Planning and strategizing
We provide a creative and socially stimulating learning environment that can:
- Foster independent learning
- Enhance creative use of technology
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Take a Sneak Peek
Into one of the classes
Adam explains to Samantha how he coded his Roblox Racing game
How do I prepare for virtual programs?
- VIEW and PRINT out our Virtual Set up and Information page with tips and suggestions for getting ready.
How do I join the class?
- You will receive a Zoom Access Link by email on the Saturday before the camp starts.
Requirements to follow along in this program:
- Mac, PC Computer
- Web Cam & Good Internet Connect
- Access to Zoom Video Conferencing
- Refer to the two Setup videos below for software requirements